Saturday, February 27, 2010

For Ruby's Family

I'm neck deep in work at the moment , so inspiration to write an amazing blog entry is seriously lacking .... I know its been happening a lot recently , but it will be over - soon . Till then I'l leave you with a letter I sent to Ruby's family , as a part of a scrapbook we made for her family - from all over the world . Some part of the letter is similar to what I've posted earlier , but thats only because I wrote the letter before the blog ! Lots more good stuff coming up later  !:)

For Ruby’s Family ,

Ruby inspired all of us , all over the world. She showed us how to face life and struggles. I have never truly met anyone like her. I never really knew her , or talked to her . All I had was 140 characters a day and Ruby’s blog and her jokes , and her voice – the youtube video , but I felt as if I’d known her all my life . I am a 22 year old girl, a final year medical student from India . When we all join medical college , we feel brave that we are taking up a profession which saves people’s lives , helps them heal , but over the years , when we meet our patients , we understand  that it is not us , but our patients , their families and their friends who are the real brave and courageous people . They are the ones who are responsible for making our profession a noble one .

I know that we may not be able to bring Ruby back , but if we continue to tell the world to Remember Ruby , She will be kept alive in our hearts.

I may stay 5000 miles away , I may not ever meet anyone who knew Ruby well , but I know , that one day , I will tell my kids, Ruby’s Story ……..

 

Lots of Love ,

Aartee,

Mumbai

No comments: