Sunday, October 11, 2009

Remember Ruby

I know I said a good post was coming fast , but sadly it didn't happen  ... instead I have to post a memorial text for Ruby .
Who's Ruby , you may ask . I have to be honest , when someone asks me that , a righteous indignation rises up inside me  ... How can you not know Ruby . I'll tell you who she was ... Ruby was a 17 year girl living in South Hampshire, England United Kingdom . I never met her .I never talked to her .
But that is exactly how beautiful Ruby was ... She could be 10000 miles away from you, and still touch our heart . She could be dying of a deadly disease and still have the world's biggest sense of humour  ... She loved jokes , did I tell you that ... she really loved them ... When she was in the hospital , we emailed her some and her Twin Brother or her Mum printed these off the computer and read them to her . That is how we knew her - 140 characters every few hours ... but that sounds harsh - we knew her better ....
Ruby was a wonderfully strong person . She showed us a different way of looking at struggles in life . Yes she was Human , and it must have hurt her too ... She may have cried a few good tears ..... But she held her head up and walked on .
Towards the end , when she was really sick , she sat down with her friends , and told them her decision to stop chemotherapy ... Ruby's words " There is a big difference between Giving Up and Letting Go " .....
Ruby's donated her eyes .. Did you know that ... She given them to a girl in USA who was born Blind ... She will see her world now , through Ruby's eyes .......
Even though I never met her , Ruby has made such a big impact on my life . I know , from the bottom of my heart and soul , that one day when I snuggle up to my Son or my Daughter , on a lovely Spring Afternoon , I shall be telling them , Ruby's Story ......

1 comment:

The Man Who Wants It All said...

What a sad yet lovely story. It is really important to donate your organs after you die. Looking for the positive in every terrible situation, you can still make massive improvements to many lives after your own is over.